Always happy when a publication pays attention to Rwanda. Thank you, Yahoo Travel, for publishing this piece on my favorite country.
This story was a long time in the works, but I’m delighted to have it appear courtesy of my editor, Don George. The story of Rwanda is one that deserves to be heard. Plus, the place is under my skin. I can’t wait to go back. Read Renaissance in Rwanda here, on Wanderlust at GeoEx.
I was thrilled to interview Admiral James Stavridis about books and reading. He is the former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and is now the dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, my alma mater. Read the interview here on The Millions.
Very happy that my story, ‘Waiting for the Sun in Vieques’ that first ran in Gadling is in Best Women’s Travel Writing Volume 10. Each year, this is always one of my most anticipated reads and editor Lavinia Spalding does an incredible job of curating and editing this anthology from Travelers’ Tales. Order the book here. I’m in incredible company, sharing the pages with some gifted female storytellers.
- My Essay on BBC Travel wins 2015 Lowell Thomas Award for Personal Comment
- “100 Places in France” wins Grand Prize at Paris Book Festival
- Discussion with Don George at Corner Bookstore in NYC
- “100 Places” wins as a 2014 Foreword Review INDIEFAB Book of the Year
- “100 Places” is a Next Generation Indie Book Award Finalist